Thursday, November 28, 2013

Stunt filleting on board

It is always a pleasure to see something done extremely well, which is why I enjoy the filleting demonstration.



One whole salmon 
and one extremely well filleted one. 






I apologize for the fuzziness of the other pictures. And I'm posting them anyway. 



Here chef Kurt Gjertsen is showing us a very fresh salmon.


Normally, this event happens on deck, but today the weather was not compatible. 

I'm trying to stay out of the way of people who haven't seen this before, so I didn't get any pictures of the actual filleting ...











But here's the end result: sushi! 






If I ever see this again, I'm going to ask permission to film the whole process, from fish to bones.




Relevant posts:

The Lunch Buffet


Food awareness and thanks to the kitchen staff on Finnmarken


  



No comments:

Post a Comment